Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017

It's all about the song

It's nearly time for the Christmas parties once again and what would be the point of parties without music and songs. Thinking about my favourites on the walk home yesterday one of the best ever suddenly popped into my mind again. Everybody's Talkin', the Nilsson tune, the theme for Midnight Cowboy, the Oscar winner for best picture in 1969. My, my, that was some time ago. 

It's a very short but powerful song.

"Everybody's talking at me! I don't hear a word they're saying. Only the echoes of my mind. People stopping, staring. I can't see their faces. Only the shadows of their eyes."

What a beautiful song! Makes me smile everytime. 

"He's going where the sun keeps shining, thru the pouring rain. He's going where the weather suits his clothes. Backing off the northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze, and skipping over the ocean like a stone."



And what a unique talent Harry Nilsson was.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen