Dienstag, 24. März 2020

Social distancing

“Social distancing,” yes indeed. It’s basically what June and I consider ordinary life. We’re retired, we’re home a lot, and don’t have the energy to cope with huge events like concerts, parades, sport events and so on. We don’t go to pubs. 

So we’re doing our part by basically keeping on keeping on. I’m working on techniques to avoid using my hands as much in public places. If I’m going through a door that simply pushes open, I push with my shoulder.  After I wash my hands in the gents, I dry them on a paper towel and then grip the door handle through the towel. I’m all for flattening the pandemic curve. What I don’t think is a good idea is flattening the economy. More here about this from David McWilliams.

So we’re wandering around the living room or the garden, reading, writing, working in the garden, pulling weeds, and so on. Life continues.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen